I’ve been helping out with preproduction for an animated special. The production company is setting up a Harmony workflow from scratch, and of course there are some pipeline issues to work out. This has lead me to look into scripting for Harmony. There isn’t much info out there, but I’m familiar with scripting to just start poking around.
Here are some initial notes I’d like to share:
- the name of the function needs to be the same as the name of the script. Pretty obvious, but can be a stumbling block. You can have other functions in the script, but that one has to be there.
- MessageLog.trace is your friend.
- but the MessageLog panel itself isn’t.
- what’s up with selectAll?
- the documentation isn’t accurate, but if you use your common sense the errors are obvious.
I’ll be posting some of my scripts in the next couple of entries.